SPOT. The World's First Satellite Messenger.
With the SPOT Satellite Messenger, you and your loved one have peace of mind knowing help is always within reach. SPOT is the only device of its kind, using the GPS satellite network to acquire its coordinates, and then sending its location – with a link to Google Maps™ – and a pre-programmed message via a commercial satellite network. And unlike Personal Locator Beacons, SPOT does more than just call for help. Tracking your progress, checking in with loved ones, and non-emergency assistance are also available, all at the push of a button. And because it uses 100% satellite technology, SPOT works around the world – even where cell phones don't.
About the SPOT Satellite Personal Tracker:
Small, rugged and simple to use, the SPOT satellite messenger is a lifesaving device designed to improve personal safety for the millions of people who spend time in the outdoors – whether for recreation, work or daily life. With the push of a button, SPOT can transmit a user’s exact location and message to a 9-1-1 emergency call center in times of need, or to friends, family or co-workers to request help, track their location, or just keep in touch. Because SPOT sends a user’s exact GPS satellite location over a commercial satellite network, SPOT works in much of the world regardless of cellular coverage. Viewing messages and locations is easy using the SPOT Web service with included Google Maps™ technology.
- SPOT sends your exact GPS coordinates and selected messages over commercial satellites to tell others of your location and status.
- SPOT works around the world, independently of cellular networks.
- SPOT uses the GPS satellite system to determine a user’s location and the SPOT satellite network to transmit that location and the user’s status.
- The SPOT satellite network is a commercial satellite network with a proven 99.4% reliability rate while processing over 6 million messages a month - the equivalent of 2.3 messages per second.
- SPOT features four key functions that enable users to send messages to friends, family or emergency responders, based upon varying levels of need:
- Alert 9-1-1 - Dispatch emergency responders to your exact location
- Ask for Help - Request help from friends and family in your exact location
- Check In - Let contacts know where you are and that you're OK
- Track Progress - Send and save your location and allow contacts to track your progress using Google Maps™ and Google Earth™
SPOT Product Specifications:
- Weight: 7.37 ounces
- Size: 4.38 x 2.75 x 1.5 inches
- Floats in water
- Waterproof to 1 meter for up to 30 minutes
- Operating Temperatures: -40°F to +185°F
- Operating Altitude: -300 feet to +21,000 feet
- Humidity Rated: MIL-STD-810E Method 507.3, 95% to 100% condensing
- Salt Fog Rated: Per MIL_STD 810E Method 509.3, 5% NaCl, 95% distilled water
- Vibration: Per SAE J1455 - Random, 20 Hz to 2000 Hz, 0.04g2/Hz, one hour per axis
- Includes 2 AA lithium batteries; under normal usage a full battery charge should meet or exceed the following
- Power on, unused: Approx. 1 year
- SPOTcasting tracking mode: Approx. 14 days
- 9-1-1 mode: Up to 7 consecutive days
- SPOTcheck OK/√: 1900 messages